Depending on your case, we offer Invisalign as an option for aesthetic orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign treatment involves a series of clear aligners (made of medical grade durable plastic) worn for 2 weeks each, which at the end of your treatment period, incrementally straightens your smile – without the inconvenience of any bonded brackets or wires.
A series of individualized trays are custom-designed for your specific case, each made to precisely fit and straighten your teeth incrementally.
Each tray is worn continuously (except for when you eat or brush your teeth) for about 2 weeks and progressively moves your teeth about a 1/4 mm towards your final result. The number of trays you’ll require will vary depending on the complexity of your treatment.
Your Invisalign trays are custom-made through a combination of Dr. Yoon’s clinical treatment planning via Invisalign’s computor software program and 3-D computer imaging technology.
Invisalign: What to Expect
- Each set of trays are worn for 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each tray with the next in your custom set, your teeth will gradually move- until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Yoon has prescribed into the program.
- You’ll visit Dr. Yoon about once every 4-6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned and to make any adjustments as indicated.
- Total treatment time varies depending on the complexity of your case.
- Generally if you have moderate-severe crowding, your Invisalign treatment will typically include Interproximal Reduction (IPR).
- Read more about IPR from the American Association of Orthodontics.